Sunday, February 22, 2015

Aromaleigh Cosmetics Ephemera - February 2015 Box

I have no idea where the past two months have gone! We are approaching March and I feel like I have not accomplished everything I had planned to this month. HOWEVER, priority goes to this blog and I want you to prepare yourself for my much needed updates and posts. The sun is finally shining and despite all the snow I have outside my window, I will not give in to my innate desire to hibernate....

Bright colors came to me this month in the Aromaleigh Ephemera Box for February. The theme you ask? Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. A very fitting movie for the month, I must say.

*Confession time! I have never seen the movie...I need to get that out of the way. But it has always been on my "must watch list" and I think its time I check that one off*

Like last month, the packaging is adorable and you truly feel like you are getting a nice little gift for yourself. The sheet that comes in the box that explains the products is the most beautiful and informative piece of paper I have ever encountered in a sub box. The attention to detail is mind blowing and consistent thus far. Its something I really appreciate and look forward to reading each month now!





As you will see below, the colors this month are incredibly colorful. I don't really lean toward the neutral side of makeup, so this was a perfect makeup set for me. The labels are to die for. I don't think I will every get over the attention to detail!

From top to bottom: Blessed are the Forgetful (Rouge), Meet Me in Montauk (eyeshadow), Do I know You? (eyeshadow) and Remember Me(eyeshadow)

BONUS: All four shades are lip, cheek, and eye safe!! 

From left to right: Blessed are the Forgetful, Do I Know You?, Meet Me in Montauk, and Remember Me

Descriptions
*Blessed are the Forgetful: vivid warm red (Value: $7)
*Do I Know You?: wintery blue with a lovely copper/rose duochrome shimmer (Value: $4.50)
*Meet Me in Montauk: green with blue sparkle (Value: $4.50)
*Remember Me: coral/orange with golden amber glow (Value: $4.50)

My Take
*Blessed are the Forgetful: bright red that leans slightly pink
*Do I Know You? purple-blue with purple, copper, and rose sparkle
*Meet Me in Montauk: earthy green with blue sparkle
*Remember Me: shimmery orange coral

I want to note that each color was chosen to represent the color shifts of Clementine's hair in the movie. For full descriptions see picture below! I love color symbolism and discovered this love while taking a mythology class in high school. I look forward to watching this film now so I can connect with these colors more.

This box also came with 2 Aromaleigh samples, Origami Unicorn and Ragnarok, and a guest fragrance from Alchimia Apothecary.



Not pictured Ragnarok. This sample was a sneak peek from next month's box so shipped if off to my sister before I had a chance to swatch it!!

I got the fragrance Love Drops! Alchimia Apothecary describes it as:

  Pink lotus and hawthorn roses burst with the brightness of Mandarin oranges and fresh green bamboo. Transparent hints of amber work to ground this blend.

 On my skin the rose really peaks through and has a very fresh scent. The longer I wear it it deepens and that hint of amber is more apparent. I really like it, and will wear it more in the spring for a light scent. I find it very uplifting.

Origami Unicorn is a sneak peek from the Blade Runner inspired collection!!!! To me its a beautiful silver with a SLIGHT blue tone and multicolor sparkle. I don't have a swatch of this color to show but did use it for a look I did using Do I know You? pictured below!! (Full product list is found on my Instagram page)

 Products in Action!



Origami Unicorn on inner lid and Do I Know You? the rest of the lid and crease.



Meet Me in Montauk on the lid. Blessed are the Forgetful worn sheer on the cheeks.


Remember Me on the lid.

Overall I am really enjoying my monthly package from Aromaleigh. I continue to reach for these pigments and seem to not get enough of them. Currently the Ephemera subscription has a waitlist so be sure to check out their Facebook page for updates. The monthly cost is $15 plus shipping.

If you get this monthly sub I would love to know your thoughts! Also, any recommendations for Aromaleigh's main line is much appreciated. I am on the newbie side and look forward to exploring them a lot more!

-H






No comments:

Post a Comment