Sunday, March 1, 2015

First Look! Brija Cosmetics

I always have a running list of Indie brands that I want to try. Brija Cosmetics released a Harry Potter inspired collection recently and I decidedI had to knock another one of these brands off my list. When I saw the labels and swatches for the Harry Potter inspired collection I KNEW I needed them in my hands and on my eyeballs.The collection is breathtaking as you will see in the pictures below!

About:
Brija Cosmetics is proud to be "100% vegan, cruelty free, gluten free, dye free, and uses organic oils."

I have been stalking Brija for a LONG time now. Brianna is the founder and owner of the brand and she is also a beauty vlogger on Youtube. I actually heard about Brija through her channel because I have been subbed for a few years now.

Brija has the options to buy shadows in full sizes ($5.50) mini sizes ($2.75) and samples ($1.45). In addition to shadows, there are bronzers, blushes, lip products, and even a few cream products. I recommend browsing the site! **Warning: You will want to buy a lot.**

Package and Shipping:
My order came quickly, considering all the snow we have here on the northern east coast, and was packaged in an adorable little bag.



 I chose to try out eyeshadows this round. I really wanted to order a few lips products, however, I recently had an allergic reaction to something I used on my lips. I think I was feeling defeated when I placed my order and opted out of it because of it. Next time...next time..


I decided to order the mini jars and add the collection labels to most of what I purchased, there is a .15 charge for each label. My order also came with a GwP, I believe for orders over $15, and two samples.

On to swatches and closeups!

Labels and Product Jars:

Top to Bottom: Saved By a Sock, Scared, Potter?
Top to Bottom: Shouldn't Have Said That, Page 394

Top to Bottom: Consulting Detective, Copper Rain (GwP)
Top to Bottom: Nothing Sexy, Strive


 See what I mean? The labels are adorable :)


Swatches:

I swatched all shadows on my arm, sans primer, and then foiled.


Full Swatch (Dry) Photo: Copper Rain, Saved By a Sock, Scared, Potter, Shouldn't Have Said That, Page 394, Nothing Sexy, Strive, Consulting Detective


Full Swatch (Wet) Photo: Copper Rain, Saved By a Sock, Scared, Potter, Shouldn't Have Said That, Page 394, Nothing Sexy, Strive, Consulting Detective

In swatch photos, * indicates foiled pigments.


Site Description
Copper Rain: N/A
Saved By A Sock: Pale pink with green duochrome and sparkles


My Take
Copper Rain: Bronze-orange with sparkles
Saved By A Sock: Pale pink with  green/pink sparkles


Site Description
Scared, Potter?: chartreuse yellow with a green duochrome
Shouldn't Have Said That: damp green and black duochrome with red and green sparkles
Page 394: charcoal gray with blue tinge and pink duochrome

 

My Take
Scared, Potter?: chartreuse yellow with a light green duochrome
Shouldn't Have Said That: mossy green with red and green sparkles
Page 394: charcoal gray with a purple tinge and silver/pink duochrome


Site Description
Nothing Sexy: light purple, almost taupe, with icy blue duochrome
Strive: medium magenta purple with orange duochrome and copper spark
Consulting Detective: light plum purple with a pink sheen with blue shimmer


My Take
Nothing Sexy: as described (can pull more purple if worn over a purple base)
Strive: as described
Consulting Detective: as described 


Site Description
LeviOsa: burgundy copper
Endure: light golden brown with orange duochrome
Cranberry Fizz: light pink base with turquoise glitter


My Take:
LeviOsa: as described (when blended edges are a beautiful orange)
Endure: as described (I see more of a dirty silver duochrome)
Cranberry Fizz:  as described (with a gorgeous turquoise shift)

Thoughts:

My overall thoughts are these shadows are incredibly beautiful! I found them to be very easy to blend and can be worn more sheerly OR built up for a more intense eyelook. I would recommend Brija to anyone who wants to try some color but are hesitant to. The bright shadows are incredibly wearable and have the versatility to be sheered out, without blending the color away. The more neutral shades I picked up are also unique and different enough to have some fun with, if color just isn't your thing. I did not have any  issues when I wore them and got an all day wear without creasing. *I do wear a primer and base under my pigmets to help avoide creasing.*

My favorite colors from my order are Strive, Scared, Potter?, and Nothing Sexy. However, I have enjoyed playing with everything I received. 

Products In Action:
I did a few looks using a majority of my order and had a lot of fun doing so. 



Outer V and Crease: Shouldn't Have Said That
Lower Lashline: Endure




 Inner and Outer Lid: Consulting Detective
Center Lid: Strive
Patted in Center Lid: Copper Rain GwP



Crease: Page 394


I hope you enjoyed reading this and will check out Brija for yourself. I know I will be ordering a face highlight and a few lip products in my next order. Do you have any favorite Brija products that you think I should try? How do you incorporate color into your makeup? I can't stay away from bright shadows!

-H

Link Love: 

Harry Potter Demo Video 

No comments:

Post a Comment