Friday, April 15, 2016

Notoriously Morbid Vanishing Cabinet- February 2016: Stronger Than Death

 "I have crossed oceans of time to find you." - Dracula

This is SUPER late and I will have a few other posts like this one. Basically, I have a ton of swatch photos and product photos that I don't want to go to waste. Even though quite a bit of this is LE, I enjoy rediscovering what I have in my collection. It usually leads to me digging some of it out and using it.

February's Notoriously Morbid Vanishing Cabinet theme was Stronger than Death which is a theme dedicated to the 1992 film adaptation of Bram Stoker's Dracula. You know, the cool one with Gary Oldman! For me, this a perfect theme for the month because it is quite an amazing love story.



This month we got two shadows, a highlight, and a sample size of a diablo lip rouge.

L to R: My Beloved, See Me Now, and Love What You Love

 See Me Now

Smokey purple with a light purple-pink shimmer.

*NOT lip safe

You can NEVER have too many colors like this one.  This a good throw on and go color. It blends really well and would make a great one shadow look.


Love What You Love

Jewel-toned green with a sheen.

*NOT lip safe

This shadow is really pretty and have worn it all over my lid. The only downside, I don't find it to be incredibly unique from other greens that I have.







My Beloved

Strong highlight with a pink sheen.

*NOT lip safe

This leaves a BEAUTIFUL sheen on the cheek. It is a great formula and doesn't have specks of glitter in it. I have larger pores on my cheeks so tend to stay away from highlights that have large glittery bits, so was happy this one did not have this.

Kiss Me

Deep wine vampy red

I LOVE this color and it looks really good with my skin tone. I honestly see this working for a lot of skin tones. This is supposed to be released into the permanent line at some point, if I recall correctly. So no worries if you missed out on this.


















Overall I am really happy with this month's theme and products. Currently I am getting the most use out of the highlight. I think I need to grab some of the diablo lip rouges because I really like the formula.

Normally I post photos of me wearing the products but apparently I cannot locate these photos. I also have a new camera and those photos were not taken with it. I may update this with something because I hate not posting one!!

Etsy Update: I have an Etsy shop and I have been busy getting it up and running again.





No comments:

Post a Comment