Sunday, May 31, 2015

Aromaleigh Cosmetics Ephemera - May 2015

I know! I know! It is literally the end of May and I am just getting around to wrapping this up. But better late than never, right?


"This month's theme is inspired by Anne Boleyn: Queen of England, Marquess of Pembroke and ill-fated second wife of Henry VIII."


This box, in my opinion, is a beautiful tribute as Anne was executed May 19th, 1536.






The box pamphlet not only has descriptions of the products and reasons behind the names, but has some background information about Anne. I include a picture of the write up because I think it is incredibly interesting to read. I highly recommend reading through it as I tend to not go into too much background when I do my swatch write ups!

Top to Bottom: Marquess, Lady Perseverance, Besotted, and La plus heureuse

Just like the month's before this one, the label art is one of my favorite things about this sub. I will say that thus far this one if my favorite! 

Top to Bottom: Marquess, Lady Perseverance, Besotted, and La plus heureuse

This month we got two eyeshadows, a rouge, and a highlight glisten. Everything is feminine and delicate and perfect for the spring to summer season shift.

All items are vegan. La plus heureuse is the only eyeshadow that is for eyes only. Everything else is lip and cheek safe. Foiled products are labeled with a "*" in the caption.

Lady Perseverance


Marquess
L to R: Lady Perseverance and Marquess

Descriptions

  • Lady Perseverance: coral rose blossom, freshly pinched from the vine, with delicate lustre
  • Marquess: soft violet with golden highlights


L to R: Lady Perseverance* and Marquess*

My Take
  • Lady Perseverance: definitely a beautiful rosey coral that makes a beautiful eyeshadow as well
  • Marquess: as described
Besotted


La plus heureuse


Left to Right: Besotted and La plus heureuse

Descriptions

  • Besotted: smooth, lustrous copper with violet tones
  • La plus heureuse: regal purple with gold and copper sparkle and shimmer
Left to Right: Besotted* and La plus heureuse*

My Take
  • Besotted: as described but lies a little pink as well
  • La plus heureuse: as described 
Left to Right: Marquess*, Lady Perseverance*, Besotted*, and La plus heureuse*


Everything is BEAUTIFUL! I adore everything included in the box and had a lot of fun creating some bright looks from everything.

The box also came with two samples from Aromaleigh and a sample fragrance specially made for the box by Black Violet called Enigma. It is still available for purchase on their website and is limited edition.



Enigma is a perfume oil with blood orange, sweet orange, benzoin, and petitgrain.

 I think this perfume oil is sweet without being too sweet. I enjoyed wearing it this month and am proud, and sad, to say I have finished it!! I will be browsing through Black Violet's catalog and picking up some things to try.





I forgot to swatch the eyeshadow samples! But I have a look below using them. Tarantula is a beautiful purple that is part of the Galactic Mission: Part 2 to be released next month! Tres faulse serpente is the sneak peak shade for next month! Can you guess the theme?!?!?!

Products In Action


 Lid: Besotted
Crease: La plus heureuse
Lower lash line: Marquess
Inner Corner: Marquess
Cheeks: Lady Perseverance



Lid: Marquess
Crease: Besotted
Liner: La plus heureuse
Lower Lash Line: La plus heureuse
Cheeks: Lady Perseverance





Lid: Tres Faulse Serpente
Crease: Tarantula
Liner: Tarantula


Another great month! Everything is beautiful and worked well together. I am utterly excited about next month which actually starts shipping tomorrow!! 


Currently the Ephemera subscription has a waitlist so be sure to check out their Facebook page for updates. The monthly cost is $15 plus shipping.

Are you subbed? I would love to know what you thought about this theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment