Saturday, May 23, 2015

First Look! Notoriously Morbid

So, I have a confession...I only just recently tried out Notoriously Morbid. I signed up for their Vanishing Cabinet back in January in hopes of getting in on that soon after. I thought it would be an awesome way to get acquainted with the brand. BUT the Vanishing Cabinet is such a huge hit that I found myself sitting on the waitlist for months before deciding to just order their blogger pack. I tried to be patient but a few girls I follow on IG and FB are quite the enablers..so I ordered it a few weeks ago.

**The Vanishing Cabinet has a few slots open and I am praying to the Norse gods I finally get off!

It took me a bit to go through and decide on what I wanted to try first in this round. But was incredibly stoked about the shadows I ultimately decided on.

About:

Notoriously Morbid is a company out of West Virginia and is run by the lovely ladies Carrie and Laura. This is not far from me and where I am originally from, Virginia, and totally feel like I am supporting a local business :) They also run a kick ass closed group that is really active. I recommend joining to keep up with upcoming collections and products, as well as see all the beautiful looks fans come up with.

Packaging and Shipping:

I kind of tore into my package too quickly and don't have a photo of my package when it first came in. I can say it was well packaged and even came with a company pen. The shipping was well within their TAT time listed on their site. I even think it came in a few days sooner than expected. All in all, I was incredibly pleased with that aspect of my order.






I ordered the Blogger Pack which includes five samples and a full sized eyeshadow in your color choice. However, notice one of the lovely ladies slipped in another extra shadow and I happily accept this :) The baggies were well sealed and the NM label is beautiful.

Swatches:

Swatched dry without primer

Swatched foiled


Shadows from Left to Right:
Quiet In The Dark
Bad Juju
Wayward Son
She's Full of Secrets
Garmonbozia
It Can't Rain All The Time
Autumn Flower 
Dry Swatch L to R: Quiet In The Dark, Bad Juju, and Wayward Son


Site Descriptions:
  • Quiet In the Dark: dark rose red with a gold duochrome
  • Bad Juju: warm coraly magenta with an airy lavender duochrome
  • Wayward Son: pale airy blue with light green shift

Foiled Swatch L to R: Quiet In The Dark, Bad Juju, and Wayward Son

My Take:
  • Quiet In The Dark: as described
  • Bad Juju: as described and probably one of my favorites
  • Wayward Son: as described leans a little silver as well


Dry Swatch L to R: She's Full of Secrets, Garmonbozia, It Can't Rain All The Time, and Autumn Flower

 Site Descriptions:
  • She's Full of Secrets: classic pink with blue shift
  • Garmonbozia: creamy corn yellow with chestnut undertones and a frigid blue shift
  • It Can't Rain All The Time: iris purple with green hue and teal blue shift
  • Autumn Flower: regal dusty purple with blue/green shift






My Take
  • She's Full of Secrets: as described
  • Garmonbozia: as described and really versatile. Changing up a sticky base color really transforms this color. This is my favorite of that colors I ordered.
  • It Can't Rain All The Time: as described and can be work more lighrly for subtle wash of color
  • Autumn Flower: as described and BEAUTIFUL foiled

Products In Action:


Lid: Wayward Son
Deep Crease: It's Not Raining In Here
Blended From Crease: Autumn Flower



Lid: Garmonbozia
Crease: Autumn Flower
Lower Lashline: She's Full of Secrets



Inner Corner: Garmonbozia
Lid: Bad Juju
Crease: Quiet In The Dark
Lower Lashline: It's Not Raining In Here



Inner Lid: Garmonbozia
Outer Lid and Crease: Quiet In The Dark
Lower Lashline: Bad Juju

Thoughts:

In all honestly, I LOVE the formula and finish of the shadows I got. I think NM makes some of the best and true duochromes I have ever tried. The stand out shades for me are Bad Juju with that beautiful purple duochrome and Garmonbozia with the complex colors. Every single shadow worked well with my eyes and made them darker than they are (which is already practically black). That alone impressed the crap out of me. I got zero creasing, though I normally don't have issues with that anyways. 

Overall I think I will be picking up a bunch of other colors. Specifically some blues and greens since I skipped out on those apparently..for whatever reason. I would love to hear if you have tried Notoriously Morbid and what you favorite shades are! 

Be sure to check NM out on their website and Facebook page!


***New handmade items are up on my Etsy and FB page!**

No comments:

Post a Comment